This episode features Caroline Farberger, the partner and chair of the board at the Swedish investment firm Wellstreet, which has made a significant impact on the Nordic startup scene.
In this interview, Caroline shares her personal journey, which has included a gender transition, as well as her views on best practices in tech.
This episode touches upon the following key questions:
- How did Caroline’s personal journey, which has included a gender transition, reshape her views on gender equality?
- How can organizations move beyond a quantitative or checklist mindset in their efforts to remedy biases or inequalities?
- Why does Wellstreet largely focus on founder teams as opposed to specific business models?
- How does Wellstreet think about environmental, social, and corporate governance (ESG)?
- How is the FinTech space evolving?
- What are some differences between the European and U.S. tech scenes?
Caroline Farberger is fairly well-known in Sweden since she openly underwent a gender transition while serving as the CEO of a major insurance company. As partner and chairwoman at Wellstreet, she is positioned to play a significant role in expanding the company’s reach into communities that have been largely overlooked by investors.